Friday 23 May 2008

"Change"

I feel like I'm living in America during the presidential primaries. Gangs of 'voters' in Crewe walking around saying "I just felt as if we needed a change..."

I thought Obama had that shit copyrighted, but apparently not.

Voters truly are stupid. Don't get me wrong, I don't love Labour. However, this idea that the Tories have changed is pure hoodwinkery. The party is still the same. They're still isolationist. They have not said what they would do to help poor people, so they are arguably still rich-lovers. The party itself supported the 20-week abortion change, so they're still against women's rights.

Except for their new, shiny PR spin, I'm not sure what this "change" is. This is how New Labour got into power and that has hardly been a success story, so why make the same mistake again? Because voters are silly.

No comments: