Thursday 29 May 2008

Eat: Or Else

Again, a pretty missable day. I was my usual talented self, but that's about it. It was so boring that I've started to learn the drugs we use on the advice of DGN. Although I annoyed them just a little bit by asking about the science behind the medications. They say I don't need to know such, but I want to anyway. Being a med-geek is fun.

Edit:

That's what I wanted to say today! The team were criticised for not basically forcing some patients to eat. It's a tricky problem, for sure, nutrition. If someone doesn't eat, they struggle to get better. But, in the same sense, if someone doesn't want to eat then I don't see the 'right' in forcing them too, through intimidation, blackmail or otherwise. I know we're supposed to do good and allow no bad to happen, but if someone insists they don't want to eat, this code shouldn't become a licence to make someone do something they don't want to.

No comments: