Friday 14 December 2007

My Last Day

I'm a bit emotional now, to be honest.

The thing I'd like to reflect on is how I feel other people felt about me. I was showered with a bit more praise today. One Doctor couldn't believe I was a first year, first placement. One of the psychologists said he'd appreciated by confidence and knowledge of patients.

And the patients were all lovely. They wished me well and mentioned they thought I'd go far. And I believe them.

Generally, I think I've learnt a lot. My natural disposition, my mentor tells me, means I'm well suited to the vocation of nursing. I'm confident, able to communicate with ease to medics, nurses and patients and I'm not afraid to ask questions.

I also believe I'm good at what I do. And I fucking enjoy it.

The only way is up from here, I reckon. And I can't wait.

No comments: