Tuesday 15 July 2008

Back to reality

Paperwork has hit me like a steam train. I forgot just how much stuff was due to be printed, completed and triple signed by the end of term.

I have quite a varied palette of talents, but ultra-organisation is not really one of them. But to keep up with the quick pace and massive amounts of paperwork, I've bought a hole punch and lots of folders to sort things through. And I am quite stubbornly determined to not fold (no paper pun intended) but to keep this up. It's not enough to be good, you have to strive to be even better.

Other than that, I miss my last ward. Just the general concept of working is easily missed. I miss working with people. But it's still fun and useful to get out in the real world and meet real, non-sick people. Reminds you what it's all about, in a sense.

In other news, I went back to my hometown for a sibling wedding. I have... family issues, to say the least. So it was not the most comfortable weekend I've ever spent, but it had it's up points. Some old mates, outside of marital affairs, reminded me of why I like them and why I like being me. That certainly made the trip worthwhile.

No comments: