Friday 13 June 2008

Nurse Promotion

It has recently been pointed out that this blog is, for the majority, pretty down on nursing. Mostly because it's my only anonymous outlet to whine about shit, so my bad days probably seep through more than the good days.

But, despite the flak and fire that I have to put up with, I still love what I do. I wouldn't want to do anything else, now, as the thrill of actually helping people is the kind of satisfaction that can't be beat.

I set up this account to talk about issues around being a male, student adult nurse in 2007 and there are a lot of problems that I, personally, face, but that doesn't mean there aren't rewards. If there were no rewards, believe you me I would not - like some nurses I've met - be still training. I'd go make thousands selling some miscellaneous, unnecessary shite to stupid people.

I love what I do, and that all-encompassing passion works in mysterious ways. I'm glad I get annoyed at the crap that goes on, as it shows I still care. But, I should be careful to highlight the awesome bits, too, of which there are - thankfully - many. Too many nurses say, sometimes precisely, 'Don't be a nurse'. I say - if you think you can stand the challenges and want to do something you'll actually give a shit about, do.

No comments: