Monday 14 January 2008

Clinical Governance

CG is a fancy word for people working together. I'm just going to jot a few things down to remind me, as it might have to be in one of my future essays.

I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to attend a Clinical Governance Meeting during my first placement. I felt the CG meeting was a productive use of time for medical, nursing and other healthcare staff to come together. It was beneficial for me to take part in such discussion as it gave me an insight into examples of how CG is constantly evaluating old plans, monitoring current initiatives and proposing new innovations, all centred around MDT patient care.

This episode made me think about how the MDT is frequently trying to improve communication and coordination, which I think is important to be made aware of as a new student nurse. On this point, I would like to attend more to improve my understanding of such issues.

--

Right, now that's done - hello.

I'm back in Uni this week, which means wasted hours and hours and hours with people who don't know how to use computers. On the plus side, my next ward (which is a surgical one) is apparently really friendly and exciting, so I have reason to be pleased.

I'd be more pleased if Play.com and the postman got together to deliver my copy of Zombie Survival Guide, but we can't have everything, can we?

No comments: