Monday 27 October 2008

Long time no type...

Yes, I'm alive. Like Flash Gordon, sort of thing.

Anyway, what's been going on? Well, I start my community placement tomorrow which will be very interesting. I spent the day in PCT mandatory training, which was a glorious waste of time but completely expected.

I feel quite nonplussed about the prospect of community care. I know - and am constantly told - that care is going to move much more into the community over the next few years and beyond, as per government "choice" policy. But I love ward work, and would like to stay in it. My mine, however, is wedged open and am looking forward to being surprised. This placement might make a community nurse out of me, yet!

Either way, I'll keep this blog of mine informed. In the casual, cuss-ridden learning diary sense it exists as, anyway.

No comments: